PRODUCT VIDEO AND VIDEO PROMOTION
“Benefits and statistics of product videos!”
Product Video Promotion
Every business owner surely wants to sell more of their products and services, yet only a relatively small percentage have started to utilise the benefits of video promotion by using product videos to help sell their product or service.
Benefits of Product Videos
These are just a selection of the many benefits of product videos:
- Quickly communicate key product information
- Directly increases sales
- Increases website page conversions
- Visually demonstrates the products key feature
- Works across both on and offline promotional channels
- Can be hosted on YouTube and other video hosting sites, acting as an additional sales platform
- Easy to share across the world
- Provides value rich content for social networks
- Enhances and compliments SEO strategies
- Can be used for the life of the product, even easily updated when required.
Statistics about Video Promotion
Below we have compiled a number of video promotion statistics that show the immediate benefits of product videos and video promotion in general. Hubspot
- People who watch a video are 85% more likely to purchase the product
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- Using a video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate
- 90% of users say that a product video is helpful in their decision
- Only 5% of users stop watching after 1 minute
- Almost 50% of internet users will search for videos before visiting a store
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a product video than read about it (Insivia)
- 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
There is a misconception that product videos have to be the hard sell and under 2 minutes in length. Whilst short “advert” style product videos of this nature are an extremely powerful promotional tool, there is space for other styles of videos to be used. You might have for example, the quick “advert” style of video next to your click to purchase button, but some consumers have a need for more information. This can be facilitated by having a video where the MD or other key member of staff goes into greater detail on the product. For a potential customer this can provide real depth to the product. Some consumers will be happy with the advert style but you should alway try to provide the option for a more in-depth look at the product. This will only lead to further sales. Videos of this style could take the form of a Q&A style product video. This video’s objective is to make sure all questions and concerns are answered. Vivid have created a Q&A video promotion blog for further detail.
Cost & ROI
Obviously every business is concerned with the cost of video production and it’s return on investment. Vivid believe that you should always strive for the greatest production values possible on the budget available. A video should always complement your brand messages, values and image. That does not mean that a simple studio based video showcasing the product and it’s features does not have any merit. If anything you still get all the benefits of video promotion and in some respects the message can be more clear and concise. When asked about ROI, Vivid always point to the cost analysis against other promotional tools. This is coupled with the number of promotional platforms where a video can be displayed and the longevity of video promotion compared with other promotional mediums. Insivia’s research stated that”51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.”
In my article about the power of using video promotion, I explore in great detail the benefits of using video to promote your products. I believe that if you do not utilise product videos you are missing out on a valuable promotional platform that maybe your competitors are not. Video production can be expensive but it does not have to be. A simple video with a representative showing the products and features can be an extremely powerful promotional tool.
Vivid Photo Visual, based in Stockport near Manchester, is a leading supplier of product video production, providing innovative and eye catching video production with a business backbone.
If you would like to found out more about what Vivid produce, please visit our homepage or contact us on 0161 477 2404. You can also visit our our product video and product demonstration website pages.